A downloadable game for Windows
SpaceyBlast (a lame name that required ZERO throught!) is a game inspired by a combination of Asteroids and Dungeon Defenders, if you can imagine.
Menu Controls Menu Navigation: Arrows/Thumb-stick/D-Pad Menu Accept: Enter, E, Gamepad Face-Button Bottom Menu Back: Escape, Q, Backspace
Ship Controls Rotate ship: Left/Right Arrows, Left ThumbStick, A/D Thrusters: Spacebar, Gamepad Face-Button Down Shoot: Z, X, K, L, Gamepad Face-Button Left, Gamepad Right Shoulder, Gamepad Right Trigger Shields: Shift (left or right), Gamepad Left Shoulder, Gamepad Left Trigger Start Wave: Enter, Gamepad Start Return To Ship Interieor: Escape, Q, Gamepad Face-Button Right
- When you get overwhelmed (and you probably will), use asteroids for cover.
- Circular flight and constant movement help stay ahead of the line of fire.
- Try to not run out of shields, the reboot time is killer!
- Shields have magnetism with gems/money!
- Gun damage is pricey but it helps the most!
What are we looking at?
This game has 1 level with 20 waves.
- Each wave SHOULD become more difficult.
- At the end of each wave, there is some bonus money. The bonus amount is determined by how much health you have at the end of each wave
- In between waves, you can go inside your ship and spend your money on various upgrades or repairs at 3 different stations
- Should you die, it's game over and a fresh start
- Should you beat the boss, it's game over anyway and a fresh start
Goals of this project:
- Asteroids-esque drifty/floaty ship movement
- Visually unquestionable with hiques and indicators, as it has been brought to my attention that it's hard to see what's happening in most space shooters?
- A basic template, designed with scalability in mind should I decide to carry it further.
- Using UE4 and primarily built with C++, using Blueprints only for gameplay extensibility
- In Fable 3, you have to go to a mansion or a castle or something, instead of an actual menu for things like inventory management. I thought it was a great idea with poor execution (long hallways and you have to walk the menu too often!), so I decided to do something similar but allow viewing of the ships interior, during what would be considered in Dungeon Defenders the "build phase" and upgrade stuff at various stations.
- I limited myself to using a very limited amount of materials. As, such things are pretty ugly, consisting of mostly purple and green
- Would have loved to get a few more levels pumped out, but alas, I'm out of ships and time
- Enemy ship types that utilize a shield; this was partially implemented but I figured I'd leave it as a stretch goal
- Dialogue system: I managed to write out a basic story-line with dialogue and even had a family member do the character portraits, game jams and time :/
- Android port (I really just need the buttons for controlling the ship)
Boss Ship: ChewyCereal
Ship Interior Props: Kenney.nl, Quanternius
Planet + Asteroids: Zisongbr
Additional Asteroid: Rupert Spore
UI: Kenney.nl, Xelu
- Game Over: Oiboo
- In-Game Calm and In-GameBattle: Leonardo Paz AKA Leohpaz
- Intro/Titescreen: Alexandr Zhelanov
- Ship Interior: Remaxim
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.